Banner6.jpg

community

So you blink and another week goes by

February 25, 2009

I can’t believe it’s Thursday already! Tuesday night I went as a proud new Brown Owl to the first meet of the year at Dante’s. Brown Owls, for those of you not in the know, is a crafty meetup organised by the amazing and lovely Pip from Meet Me At Mikes. It was so lovely …

Read the full article →

Such a crafty sunday!

February 22, 2009

What a lovely Sunday it was. I went to breakfast at a great cafe in Carlton, then went home and decided it was high time I finished a bunch of things off that have been kicking around for a while. So I first went to my mending pile, fixed two pairs of pants and two …

Read the full article →

Craft Cuddles

February 11, 2009

There are thousands of heartbreaking and heartwarming stories pouring out of the aftermath of the bushfires. The one that really got to me was I was watching the news the other day, and a reporter was telling how they had gone into one of the towns and the first lady they’d come across the day …

Read the full article →

Community

January 19, 2009

So I’ve been thinking about community for a while now. I’m sort of reading a book called Bowling Alone : The Collapse and Revival of American Community by Robert D. Putnam, which talks about the decline of the American community over the past 100 years. How people used to belong to bowling clubs, church groups, …

Read the full article →

interview on 3CR!

January 14, 2009

I just wanted to let you all know I’m being interviewed on 3CR today at 5:30! They have a program called DIY Arts Show woth Nicole Hurbutise and Jane Curtis, and they’re running a series called:Arts Geek, DIY artists and the web. John Retallick from The Comic Spot was on last week, and this week …

Read the full article →

much craft community

December 16, 2008

Last night I went to the Craft Cartel‘s inaugural Flock and Flog Market, which was a sort of semi-spontaneous flash mob market. Turn up, hock your wares and vanish back into the night. You can read more about the mentality behind it on their website, but it was a sort of squatters market, instead of …

Read the full article →

and so it begins

September 29, 2008

Wandering around fellow DUSTer sites, I came across Kylie B’s blog, which had this sentance as the start of the latest entry: I have been reading a lot on Blogs and forums that’s sales on Etsy have been slowing and mainly due to the World economics, its quite scary to hear all this happening. So …

Read the full article →

my tale of woe

September 28, 2008

Oh, it’s a sad, ongoing saga… I met up with a friend of mine a few months ago and she was wearing a beautiful crocheted scarf and hood combo, which I complimented her on. She told me that she had crocheted it herself and she’d make me one if I wanted. I was very thrilled, …

Read the full article →